Mimosa Osprey is a natural Mimosa extract, low in salts, insolubles and sludge formation. An optimal solution for vegetable tanned leathers, including sole, strap and case. Mimosa Osprey is particularly suitable for retaining chrome leather, giving excellent fullness and emboss retention.
- Mimosa Osprey can be used alone for the tannage of sole leather.
- Depending on the substance and compaction up to 40% of Mimosa Osprey can be used.
- For the tanning of strap and case leathers between 10% and 20% Mimosa Osprey can be used. Mimosa Osprey can also be used in conjunction with other Mimosa products like Mimosa WS, Mimosa FS and Mimosa RG.
Re-tannage of Chrome Leather:
- The use of between 5% and 10% Mimosa Osprey is recommended.
- For heavy vegetable retannage on chrome leather, between 10% to 20%
Mimosa Osprey is recommended, depending on the desired feel of the leather.
THE WORLD’S BEST
Mimosa extract is a very versatile tanning compound and can be used for tannage on its own or in combination with other tanning compounds. There are many speciality types of leather produced by combining Mimosa extract with other chemicals, such as chrome or organic tanning compounds, in pre-tannages or re-tannages.